Safe routes home- school: actions, projects, funding, active citizenship and participation
Sustainable mobility means moving generating less air pollution and noise, less land use by choosing to travel by public transport, cycling and walking. This greatly reduces the number of vehicles in circulation, accidents, improves air quality. The public spaces could become more accessible to the local community.
The aim of the project is activating governance among some sectors of the Emilia-Romagna Region and other Administrative bodies of several municipalities to coordinate and promote a model for the management actions, projects, funding and participation of and active citizenship for improve and make it more usable the safe routes home- school in urban areas
The pilot project was born by the coordination between two regional sectors: Service Communication, Education Sustainability and Tools Participation regarding participatory aspects and Service Mobility Urban and Local Transportation for the financing and implementation of works.The municipalities involved are Piacenza, Reggio Emilia, Modena, Bologna, Ravenna, Ferrara, Forlì and Cesena, and Rimini, with the support of the Association CAMINA and the collaboration of the Centers Education for Sustainability.
Direct recipients: students and their parents of the schools involved
Indirect target: residents, associations and groups of active citizenship of the the urban involved areas.
- synergy between participation, planning and implementation of interventions
- increase the safety of pedestrian infrastructure and slow mobility in the areas of school buildings
- promotion of sustainable behavior
- coordination and cohesion
- increase of the regional network of routes home school
- development of managment, consultation and planning participation like as educational workshops, site visits with the involvement of school and technical municipal authorities, meetings, workshops, questionnaires, seminars and / or training workshops, surveys on student mobility, operational meetings for verification design solutions, methodological support to teacher
- development of projects, interventions and initiatives to link themes of sustainable mobility, environment and planning
- continuity between the project defined by the students as result of the participated laboratory and the works carried out.
Regione Emilia-Romagna, Assessorato Programmazione territoriale, urbanistica. Riqualificazione urbana.Reti di infrastrutture materiali e immateriali, mobilità, logistica, e trasporti, Direzione Generale Reti infrastrutturali logistica e sistemi di mobilità Servizio Mobilità Urbana e Trasporto Locale
Mrs. Architect/Esperto rete regionale ciclopedonale
Aldo Moro 30
+39 051 5273815